Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sanuki Udon Hoo Chiak !



I was very bored with the usual japanese restaurant or some semi fast jap food chain like Sushi King which is located mostly in shopping malls. The price sometimes doesn't really reflect the quality of the food served . I was headache when i am going to decide which japanese restaurant to eat . I recently found a quality = price restaurant which is Sushi Zanmai . The don which is served with some toppings just cost around RM 10 to 15 depending on what is the toppings. But soon i was bored with the variety don served there .

Plain Udon

Fried Kakiage and Ebi tenpura


I stumbled upon some blogs recommended a place called Sanuki Udon restaurant which is located off Old Klang Road . So I went there , the place is rather small as the name suggested, it served mainly on UDON .

I tried a few bowl of udons and the taste of the soup and udon is just perfect . The texture of the noodles with a steaming hot soup makes me crave for more. I would say udon which is served in renowned jap restaurant has the same quality as this restaurant or better.

It has 2 choices for each type of udons which is Hot/Cold . I have never tried the Cold Udon with soup before in this restaurant . But I guess it is as good as the Hot Udon.

The udon served with kakiage (a kind of tempura which different ingredients are mixed together in tempura batter before deep-frying) cost only RM7 . There is no way that you can find it else where . The serving portion is enough to fill a hungry stomach .

Kakiage Udon


Dry style Udon


Address:
Restaurant Sanuki Udon
9, Jalan Bukit Desa 5,
Taman Bukit Desa, Jalan Klang Lama 58100 Kuala Lumpur
( Closed on Mondays )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thumb-up really Hoo Chiak....
those who like original taste of hot soup. Must try yourself.

Kryptos said...

wah, ur blog turned into a gourmet blog d ah? how much the restaurant paid u?