Friday, November 21, 2008

No Bake Chocolate Cookies ,Pssss... It is Baked Cookies *(+=+)


From the beginning i started cooking as a hobby , I always wanted to bake my own cookies . Somehow or rather I always find the recipe which has too much of hassle .I don't have an oven to bake the cookies or cake . Most of the time ,when I surf the net I always see all the recipe with the preset temperature to be used before baking and during baking . And i ignored it.

Initially , I am thinking of getting rid of the big bottle full of instant oatmeal in my house by putting some into my breakfast's hot drink . But then again , I asked myself how long will i take to finish the whole bottle of oats . The answer came to me yesterday.
While i was surfing the net for some recipe about oatmeal cookies , I stumbled upon some recipes using oatmeal as the main ingredient in the cooking . The most surprising thing about the tittle of the recipe is called No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies . Wow, thats the recipe i was looking for.

Ingredients:
• 4 ounces butter or margarine
• 1/2 cup milk
• 2 cups sugar
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
• 3 to 4 tablespoons peanut butter, optional
• 3 cups oats, quick or old-fashioned
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

But then again , I only have margarine , milk ,sugar,milo and a bar of dark chocolate . Can I make it a success if i eliminate those of what i don't have?

After some time , I came to the official Quaker oatmeal website where it has also the no bake cookies recipe . But this time the recipe is much more simple and useful for me .
I also modified some of the recipe by replacing the cocoa powder with Milo (a type of hot chocolate drink) that i have .For the no bake cookies recipe i found it to be too watery to be considered cookies , so I put the mixture to a baking container and baked it in my small toaster. To add some personal touch , I decided to put a layer of dark chocolate on the cookies .

Finally , the end result is that my taste bud is very satisfied with the taste and texture. The top has a layer of dark chocolate which i put pieces by pieces when i baked the mixture after 3 minutes of baking. Finally the cookies turned out to be crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside .But the 4 edges of the topping are a bit charred. I recommend those who want to try it out can put the layer of chocolate on top at the fifth minutes . The total baking time is 7 minutes .

The recipe from Quaker website is :

Ingredients:

2 cups granulated sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) margarine or butter
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/3 cup baking cocoa
3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)

Preparation steps:

1. In large saucepan, combine sugar, margarine, milk and cocoa. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Continue boiling 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in oats.* Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper.
3. Let stand until firm. Store tightly covered.



2 comments:

진릉 said...

ermmm...looks like baked unagi...

Ryan said...

The topping makes it like unagi . I think.