Thursday, November 6, 2008

Spelling errors





Many times we notice that The Star newspaper highlights the wrong spelling happening everywhere not only in Malaysia but also abroad. Sometimes , I wanted to highlight the wrong spelling 'phenomenon' on my blog but these wrong spelling and grammar errors are not very obvious to us .

Today I want to share with you a few spelling errors which are happening in a world renowned hotel group's online portal . Oops , my writing is alike the primary school students . Come back to the topic, em... when i was at my stay in the Concorde Inn KLIA , Sepang ,I found out that one peculiar incident which has happened . The online portal which links us to the internet has spelling errors on the login page . This has sure has an impact on the image on Malaysian English . I still remember one of the members of the parliament said that our main tourist attraction is our Malaysian english standard . And most of the members of the parliament laughed at the person.

The word 'repite' doesn't exist in my dictionary and I does ring me about the word 'repeat'

.Plus, the word 'comfrotable' should be comfortable.

I don't understand why they didn't check the spelling errors before publishing it for public viewing .

No comments: