Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bye Bye Nike + Welcome RunKeeper


I got a replacement for the expensive Nike + device which track your exercise while you are running. It is called the RunKeeper which is application for iphone . I like this application because of its GPS function, total journey , speed of your exercise along with the time spent and how it compares with previous runs, all on a Google Map. Not only that you don't need a separate device for tracking and recording your exercise. Nevertheless, it can guide you throughout the whole exercise by giving you real-time voice prompt . You can program them before you set out, and the audio cues will coach you through your workout.

Every time you complete a run you can see how far you went (to the best of the phone's tracking capabilities), along with the time spent and how it compares with previous runs, all on a Google Map.

I tried it during my morning exercise in Botanical Gardens ,Penang. It really works. I like it very much .



While running I set it with my favorite iPod playlist to start up automatically when i start tracking a new RunKeeper activity.

No comments: