Sunday, December 7, 2008

Carrot Oatmeal Cake



The Carrot Oatmeal Cake


The above title I called it a cake rather than cookies is because the cake is too soft to be called a cookies. I should use a metal tray rather than a glass container to be baked in a toaster oven.

I came back from KL for the weekend and I think that I have to fulfill my promise of making the cookies which i have made previously . Last time , I used chocolate drink powder to be the main attraction in the cooking . But , I wanted to try something different because if I can use other ingredients in my cooking then I will invent another type of speciality . Therefore I tried to use soya milk , carrot , crushed soda biscuits . Besides , I used sugar , chocolate chunk and instant oatmeal which I also used in the previous chocolate cookies.

Below is the ingredients:

15g of fine sugar
3 tablespoon of soya milk (Ensure , Enacal) can be replaced with other types of milk
9 tablespoon of instant oatmeal
3 pieces of crushed soda biscuits
2 tablespoon of butter or margarine
4cm long of carrot ,finely chopped
5 pieces of bar chocolate (any chocolates will do)

Preparation steps:

1. In large saucepan, combine sugar, margarine or butter, milk and carrot.
Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Continue boiling 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Remove from heat for 5 minutes. Stir in oats and crushed soda biscuits until all is covered.
3. Let stand until firm after pouring into a tray.Spread evenly .
4. Bake in a toaster oven for 10 minutes on medium high .
5. Meanwhile, put pieces of chocolate into microwave for 2 minutes on high mode .
6. Overturn the baked cake into a flat plate .
7. Use a spoon to spread the chocolate onto the surface of the cake.
8. Put the cake into freezer for 5 hours .
9. Ready to be served and cut it into pieces.

Serving size : 6 pax



Put it to a boil.



After baking the mixture in a toaster oven.



Overturn the cake onto a flat plate before spreading the chocolate on it.




Using the melted chocolate to spread it on the cake.


I found out that before you place the mixture to the tray for baking, please oil the tray to prevent the cake from sticking onto the edge and the bottom of the tray.

The taste and crispy of the chocolate toppings make a plus into the cake . Although it is soft inside , the taste is not too sweet and too tasteless for everyone to savour .

Put some effort in trying it and you will be rewarded with a Carrot Oatmeal Cake .It is perfect for a tea break .

No comments: